The National Consumers League (NCL) recently released its top 10 scams of 2011 and bonus prizes and sweepstakes have taken over the number one spot, while the family/friend imposter or the “grandfather scam is new to the Top 10 list.
Top 10 scams of 2011:
- Prizes, sweepstakes and fake free gifts
- Fake check scams
- Internet scams for general merchandise
- Phishing and spoofing
- Advance fee loans and “credit arrangers”
- Scholarships and grants
- Friendship and sweetheart swindles
- Nigerian money offers (not prizes)
- Family or friend imposters
- Fraudulent Internet auctions
Click here to read the full article from the NCL.